Saturday 11 October 2014

Atticus the Storyteller 100 Greek myths - Simeon

This is a collection of 101 Greek myths told by Atticus the story teller. He was a real person. My favourite myth was the cuckoo's trick because I like Greek myths and also it's quite a funny story. It's about Zeus wanting to marry Hera when Zeus gives Hera tons of magical presents and the present that I liked most was a flower that bloomed a different colour each day. But interestingly Hera still wouldn't marry Zeus. Then Hera said that Zeus wouldn't be able to marry her until Zeus would be able to sit on her lap without her noticing. Then Zeus stomped of to his palace and made the most enormous thunder storm ever and turned in to a cuckoo and flue to Hera's palace thro the rain. now I wont tell you any more because that would be giving the story away but I do recommend this book to year threes for their topic of ancient Greece.              

1 comment: